Lydia IUD is a little piece of plastic with a safe copper wrapped around it and is put into the uterus to prevent pregnancy.
Lydia Copper T & Lydia Safe Load, are two types of Lydia IUD that are ideal for women who have had their desired number of children or those who want to space their children. They help prevent pregnancy for 10 years.
(this is the advantage over Lydia Copper T)
Lydia sleek is ideal for single women who haven’t had children yet and are not ready for marriage because of school or career. Its unique geometrical shape and small size makes it fit the small womb of a woman who has not been pregnant before. It helps prevent pregnancy for 5 years.
Lydia Copper Y is ideal for women who want to delay pregnancy for sometime before having the next child. The special-Y shape helps it sit accurately in the womb and it prevents pregnancy for up to 5 years. It can also be removed at anytime if desired before the 5th year is up.
Lydia postpartum IUD is inserted immediately after delivery or within 48hours after delivery as this is when the cervix is still slightly open so no pain for the woman during insertion. This special IUD is designed for this purpose and helps women get this effective family planning method before being discharged from the hospital.
Unlike the other LYDIA IUDs, ELOIRA is different in that it contains a hormone-and releases it slowly every day. This special Hormonal type of IUD, can prevent pregnancy for 5 years and some women prefer it because it can also help reduce menstrual pain.
- Prevents pregnancy for up to 10 years
- Starts working immediately you get it
- No hormones
- Remove today, get pregnant tomorrow
- No one can tell it’s there
- No Go-slow, it’s ready-set-go 😆
- Highly Reliable
- Most affordable, long term method of preventing pregnancy
- Immediate return to fertility 😀
- No hormones, no weight changes, no irregular menses 😉
- Time for fun, time for life 😛
- Total privacy 😆
Lydia IUD only messes with the way sperm moves such that it cannot reach the egg to fertilize it.
😆 Amazing right!
Simple to use
You can get Lydia IUD inserted at any time during your menstrual cycle but it is preferably inserted during or immediately after a menstrual period.
Can I use Lydia IUD?
Yes you can but you cannot use it if you are pregnant, have an unexplained or untreated vaginal bleeding, high risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases or pelvic inflammatory disease. Conditions like these should be treated before using Lydia IUD.
Should I be concerned?
Not to worry. Side effects are very few, disappear within a short period and not every woman gets to experience them. So, you may have: mild to moderate lower abdominal pain (for the first few days after insertion), heavier or longer periods or spotting between periods.
I’m breastfeeding, can I use Lydia IUD?
Yes, you can use Lydia IUD when your baby is 6 weeks or older.
Eloira is a small, Y-shaped device that releases a low dose of hormone into the womb everyday to help prevent pregnancy. It can work for up to 5 years and can only be inserted by a trained doctor or nurse.
What is Eloira?
loira is a small, T-shaped device that is inserted into the womb and releases low dose of hormone every day to prevent pregnancy.
😆 Amazing right!
How does Eloira work?
Eloira releases a hormone which thickens the mucus at the cervix (opening of the womb), making it difficult for sperm to reach the egg.
Should I be concerned?
You need not be. Just few women experience side effects with Eloira which may include; mild headache, abdominal/pelvic pain for the first few days after insertion or vaginal discharge. These effects do not last long.
Is Eloira for every woman?
Yes it is but you cannot use Eloira if you: are pregnant, have an untreated pelvic /vagina infection or have an undiagnosed vaginal bleeding. You need to treat these conditions before you can use Eloira.
I’m breastfeeding, can I use Eloira?
Yes, you can use Eloira when your baby is 6 weeks or older.
- Prevents pregnancy for 5 years – 99% effective
- Highly effective – 99%
- Get pregnant as soon as you remove it
- Also used to treats abnormally heavy bleeding, fibroids and other gynecological conditions
- Lighter ,less painful period
- No routine hospital visit required
- It reduced menstrual bleeding.
- It reduced dysmenorrhea.
- It has the potential for preventing a number of gynecological conditions in the longer term, such as iron-deficiency anemia, endometrial hyperplasia, uterine fibroids, acute episodes of pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis.
- It has the potential to specifically treat a range of pre-existing gynecological conditions such as heavy menstrual bleeding due to a wide range of underlying causes, endometrial hyperplasia, uterine fibroids, adenomyosis, and endometriosis.